So, many of you know that my goal is to post at least weekly, but it seems like it has been forever since I posted anything!
We have been laying low in McCall this week. We, meaning Cliff, did a few upgrades to the camper, adding shelves to the "pantry", and *trying* to tint the windows in the kids bunk beds, it is crazy light out here, until 10 pm!!! And, yes I do realize we just hit the summer solstice, but it seems like the days are much, much lighter and longer than we are used to!
So, the kids bed time and our bed times are syncing a lot closer together, than ever before!
And tonight is Cliff's first night shift! We are lucky, because even though he is having to rotate shifts, after the next 2 weeks, he seems to not be on nights anymore!
We are in McCall until July 1; which is nice because we are very close to town, yes we have now biked in, and it was not awful! In fact, I did not have to walk my bike at all! I know, I was amazed too!
The kids are all about biking into town. we are signed up for the summer reading program, which will be independent reading, and they both wanted to join the peer reading groups, so hopefully we will meet some kids there! McCall is building a beautiful looking community center, but there is not one for us to use at this time, bummer!
There are 2 foxes that visit the campground nightly, and many of the regulars who live & work here feed them by hand! There is also a mule deer (perhaps many ... I do not know that it is always the same) that we see, about every other evening.
I will post some pictures here, I forgot the camera on the bike ride into town, but we biked to the river today and there are a few pictures of that, and we drove down to Donnelly yesterday to introduce ourselves and see if we could ensure our site is away from the main road, which it is, yeah! There are some lovely farms on the main road between McCall and Donnely!
This mule deer is in our campsite! He bounded up the hill behind our camper while Cliff & I were talking at the picnic table, once he realized we were there he walked very, very slowly along the top of the hill then wandered back down!
Gavin is riding his bike constantly! He is also enjoying the playground and a few fellow camper buddies!
Alexa is also enjoying the playground, her friend showed her some new tricks off of this swing bar!
My computer keeps freezing up, so I will gin off here, and maybe be able to post more pictures soon!
We miss you all!
Hope everyone is having a fun & safe summer!

I think I have this blog thing figured out WITH a new email address! Have been thinking of you guys alot and wondering about your adventures- LOVE the pics!!!! Awaiting new foster kittens- will miss my 2 favorite "patters!"
ReplyDeleteWaiting for Baby Bison update:)
ReplyDeleteWe will be headed south to spend a few days in Boise this week, since Cliff's schedule has been grouped in a very nice manner! He will have tue/wed/thur/fri off; but will be sleeping and getting back to normal on tuesday after working the overnight. There are not any bison in this area, that we see; but we will possibly see them again when we travel south!
DeleteWe have decided that they are far too costly to ship, so pictures are the best we can do!!
Have a great summer!
I love hearing about your adventures-Jody-- I have Alexa's yearbook and stuff- what should I do with it? Karen
ReplyDelete