Thursday, July 3, 2014

Chalet Park, Donnelly Idaho

Hi from Donnelly!
This is a very different campground, much less expensive and it shows in every nook and cranny! Especially, no pool! 
We did go out to find a swimming spot yesterday for that very reason, and it is in the 80's and 90's, with no rain predicted for a week! I believe summer has finally found the mountain!
I took some pictures of the new home site ::


Even though the sites are tight,  it has been much quieter here than at McCall!


We do have a little postage stamp of yard in the back and our neighbors that you can see here are a bit of a corner spot that backs up to a creek. There actually is a lovely view in the back ::


Beyond the fence is an over grown section, then a walking trail, but we have to cross rt 55 to get to an access point, then a cow pasture, we can smell when they spend any time nearby, maybe daily, but I enjoy hearing them!
And those neighbors I pointed out, we have not yet seen in the 2 days we have been here, I might nominate them for best neighbors ever! The owner says they are "2 young men here until the end of July performing a raptor study." Based on the age and condition of the camper & truck, I am thinking they are on a shoestring budget and working hard!
This is the swimming spot, the water is cold!!!


You know you're in the mountains when the kids are swimming but you can look up and see snow capped mountains! And it was not crowded, yeah!!
Have a happy and safe fourth! Thank you so much for the comments! It makes me feel great that folks are staying in touch!




1 comment:

  1. Hi guys! Sounds like you are all having a lot of fun and seeing many great sights! How is Gavin's Kindle working? Were you able to unfreeze it? We sure do miss you. The pool has been around 80 degrees since the end of June!

    Love you! A. Sue

    ReplyDelete