Well, there has been working (for Cliff), and traveling for the kids and I (to Connecticut, with a moment in Maine!).
But, we are together again! Finally! The kids and I threaded a needle with this week's traveling! Leaving in a wind and rain storm for coastal Rhode Island and Connecticut, snow up state for both! And then here, well, here a year's worth of rain fell in less than 48 hours, 8.86 inches in Petaluma to be exact! Yes, there was flooding and roads closed, but this is thirsty soil and much has been absorbed, thankfully! There is talk of a much better ski season nearby as well, apparently last winter was too dry for much snow.
Of course I have pictures to share over the next few days, perhaps!!
the Farm! Pop's house & the barn
Thanksgiving!
the Mystic Aquarium! playing with Juno
Coco, a naughty 28 year old sealion.
a history lesson with Gramma & Grampa at Stonington Borough
the Indian rock in Pop's yard
the smokehouse in Pop's attic
old tools
one of many fireplaces
more soon!


No comments:
Post a Comment